Thursday, April 22, 2010

Never Too Late for Greatness





"Carpe the diem! Seize the...carp!!" It's a line from one of my favorite shows, "Out Cold." The humor is sometimes a little raunchy, but the enjoyment factor of sometimes letting a movie wash over me and NOT need any mental energy to process anything is sometimes a much needed reprieve. This is when I love playing with my kids, no strategy, no "plan;" just them and me on the floor and going all out.
What I love the most about being a Dad, is that my kids love me. Sometimes I'm a little hot-tempered, and I hear Angela reminding me to "cool it" a little bit...but it's never very long afterwards that "hugs and kisses" abound and we're ready for something else fun to do.
Last night as I was getting ready to leave for work, my kids knelt in prayer with Angela and I, and then we kissed each other good-nights, and then all went silent as we helped them into their beds. It's a slice of heaven when they both go to bed peacefully, happily, willingly, and so sweet. I'm so proud to be their Father, and honored beyond description to be their Dad.
I may not be great at some things, but I vow today to be a great Dad tomorrow, the next day, and every day after that until it actually happens!!! :-)

No comments: