Saturday, July 9, 2011

Everyday Miracles





I have never in my life seen more beautiful children then these that my wife has given me. How can anyone, ANYONE, look into the face of a newborn baby and not feel a sense of overwhelming truth of a higher and supreme power that is over creation. When I have held each of my children for the first time, I knew it was a gift straight from heaven to have this little life entrusted to my care. Each of their individual failures and successes will be a direct result of my choices regarding my reactions and behavior...it's almost too much to bear. I look at my children, and I see the face of God; and I know that I have so much to be grateful for. Anyone can be a "Father" but only few will ever hear the angelic voice call them "Daddy." My children are my future; I better not waste the time I have. :-)

1 comment:

Gale said...

Oh my goodness Kitch! What a beautiful tribute to fatherhood! I must agree that children are incredibly precious gifts from Heaven and like small pristine vessels of clay, reflect our every touch and influence. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and do a better job of raising mine. You are lucky and yes, wise to realize that you're at the beginning right now and have the opportunity to do it well the first time. We don't get do overs in this life and when it comes to a child, the consequences of 'doing it right' are a healthy, sound, confident, secure, happy, successful adult. I KNOW from experience, that a parent can't always be perfect and neither can a child. As mortals, we are hardwired to fail, to fall and then to pull our selves up again and again. It's part of being human, part of life. As a parent we need to accept that...and what little we can do to make the foundation our children base their lives on sound and solid, the better the chances are that they will be able to pull themselves up quicker and rise higher after a fall or failure.
I know it's hard to look into the angelic faces of your sleeping children and imagine the adults that they will become. It feels like I did that! You...all of my babies were tiny once and suddenly you're grown, adults, parents! It's quite shocking! It will happen Kitch. Your babies, so sheltered and secure in the safety of your home and influence, will go out into the world and suddenly others are influencing them and they are at the mercy of a world that you can't control. As the parent of small children, that's scary to even contemplate...but it will happen. Give them the confidence of your love and support. Give them the security of a happy home. Give them the foundation of moral values taught in the Gospel. If you can give them these...and I'm sure many others...you will be a successful parent of a well grounded child. I have the opportunity now as a grandparent to stand on the side lines and add just a little more love, more hugs, kisses and prayers to your parenting. I love you son! I love your beautiful wife and I adore your precious children.
LOVE YOU MUCHLY!!!
MOM and best of all...Grandma